Sheet metal fabrication is a series of manufacturing techniques turning all metal sheets into functional products by using different processing methods.
Furthermore, the process of sheet metal fabrication is quite tricky and employs professionalism.
KDM starts the process through a piece of sheet metal that shapes into desired objects and ends up forming or assembling into solid and durable products.
KDM uses different techniques in sheet metal fabrication. These are classified into cutting, forming, assembly, and finishing.
Cutting is a process of manipulating sheet metal into pieces in precise measurements.
KDM fabricators tend to use various machinery and equipment in cutting sheet metal which is fast, convenient, and effective.
For cutting metal sheets, KDM uses different methods, particularly:
- Laser Cutting
- Water Jet Cutting
- Plasma Cutting
- Mechanical Cutting
Forming is the other technique we used in fabricating sheet metal. In this process, pieces of sheet metals undergo forming into modified shapes and sizes without cutting them.
KDM uses different processes under forming, like:
Assembly is critical in the overall fabrication techniques.
It is a final process that combines all sheet metal parts and makes them positioned and fixed into the finish or manufactured products.
Finishing is the most necessary for the entire fabrication of sheet metal.
This process is done by putting an extra layer of coatings into products.
It enhances and improves the strength, durability, and longevity of the products. Keep the product protected from chemical exposure, rust, tarnish, and corrosion.
KDM uses different machines in sheet metal fabrication. These are classified into:
- Laser Cutting
- Laser Welding
- Grinding and Finishing
KDM uses multiple finishing processes or techniques in sheet metal fabrication. It includes the following:
- Powder Coating
KDM also offers special finishing services for all sheet metal products based on customers’ requirements.
KDM offers welding services including:
- Spot welding
- TIG welding
- MIG welding
- Laser welding
- 3D laser welding
- Fusion welding
- Stitch welding
- Pressure welding
Prototyping and product development:
- Dedicated, cutting-edge equipment
- The entire operation is managed by experienced project engineers and managers
- During the product development cycle, customers are involved, in designing a product, prototyping is done quickly
- Assist our customers’ design teams as a resource
- Manufacturing efficiency while maintaining aesthetics and functionality
Process of Cost Reduction
- Cost-cutting in the production process
- Competitive price
Management of Inventory
- Stocking levels are calculated using, the customer’s prediction
- The lead-time needs of the customer
- Internal capacity levels
The process causes a small section of the workpiece to heat up and melt, connecting two or more independent parts together. Its final weld is highly long-lasting and appealing, and it’s done without altering the surrounding metal.
Traditional welding processes are replaced with laser welding, which is a faster, more efficient, and more exact method. Their automated robot arm shoots a concentrated, high-powered light beam towards the metal workpiece during laser welding operations.
Furthermore, the laser welding technology is appropriate for use in a wide range of welding applications due to these and other advantages.
- Quick and effective.
- It reduces the requirement for grinding or finishing after welding.
- Heat transfer is concentrated and high-intensity.
- It produces strong joints that are comparable to those made by hand welding.
KDM estimators and project managers analyze customer prints and specifications to ensure that all product requirements are met.
The front end generates the documentation and instructions needed to transfer customer needs to the manufacturing process using controlled programs, routing, and inspection plans.
Then, utilizing the specified programs and inspections, our skilled production and inspection teams carry out the defined process flow, strictly adhering to and fulfilling the client’s requirements.
Our experienced setup team starts with the inspection process.
The setup operator verifies the part against the prescribed inspection instructions before starting the operation.
Once the setup operative has a part that appears to be within specification, the setup part is taken to the inspection area, where it is checked for installation approval by a specialist shift inspector.
The following are some benefits of sheet metal fabrication:
- Sheet metal is a broad phrase that refers to a variety of materials.
- Sheet metal has a wide range of design possibilities.
- It allows for more customizable setups.
- Sheet metal projects can be measured with high accuracy using modern technology, such as computerized technology.
- A single prototype can be used for large-scale production.
- Sheet metal is more durable and stronger than other materials, providing additional support.
- Metals have high melting points, which makes sheet metal fabrications more heat-resistant.
- Sheet metal is easy to transport, work with, and install because of its light-gauge and weight.
- It’s cost-effective since it’s low-cost, high-quality, lightweight, and energy-efficient.
- Fabrication of sheet metal can be employed in a wide range of industries.
- Oversee the entire design and development process for a product.
- Incorporate products into full production.
- Optimize designs for ease of manufacture and assembly.
- Create and improve prototypes based on the customer’s existing designs.
- Prototypes based on the customer’s existing designs are created and modified.
KDM is a professional and expert sheet metal fabrication manufacturer in China. We use innovative technology to provide customers with a combination of product design, engineering, fast prototyping, and production services.
- Trusted ODM and OEM services are available, as well as bespoke color and style options.
- Aerospace, defense, automotive, energy, medical, dental, and other areas all make extensive use of sheet metal material.
- Provides flexible design options and custom configurations for sheet metals.
- Certified environmental management systems, quality management systems, and other high-tech enterprises.