Sheet Metal Cable Tray Manufacturer in China
Manufacturing varieties of sheet metal-made cable trays is KDM’s expertise. We offer customization services to ensure suitable specifications for every application. Your requests are our priority!
- Wide range of material options
- Come with various accessories
- Smooth surfaces
- Easy to install
KDM Sheet Metal Cable Tray
The sheet metal cable trays support and secure the wiring systems. They typically have a perforated design with base ribs. That enhances load resistance. These metallic-made cable trays are designed with round upper edges for the safety of cable and workers. Also, they are ideal for industrial and commercial fields.
KDM manufactures sorts of steel metal-made cable trays, including light, medium, or heavy-duty. We assure high-quality cable trays along with our strict quality management. KDM experts design them with a high level of security from external damages and heat ventilation.
Feel free to communicate with us right here!
Sheet Metal Cable Tray Series
The sheet metal trunking cable trays are typically made from aluminum materials yet are customizable. They are utilized for supporting, protecting, and managing particular cables.
Power strip metal cable trays typically have hot-dipped galvanized finishes. There are customizable colors available. These trays are solid through type and neatly hide power strips.
Steel sheet grounding cable trays have customizable dimensions, depending on requests. They are available in various accessories, like covers, connectors, and fittings.
The horizontal metal cable trays are suitable for under-desk applications. They are typically made from steel sheets that guarantee durability and a smooth appearance.
Depending on customers’ requests, the sheet metal ladder cable trays have customizable load strength and side rail height. They come with various accessories like bolts and nuts.
KDM Sheet Metal Cable Tray Advantages
A cable tray wiring system has fewer distinct components than other systems. And a reduced parts quantities that need to be specified, ordered, and distributed save cost.
Sheet metal cable trays are customizable, accommodating various applications. They are available in different sizes, designs, and materials based on customers’ requests.
A sheet metal cable tray reduces the risk of insulation failures in wiring systems. For a small extra fee, you can expand the capacity of a cable tray to take on additional cables in the future.
The utilization of cable trays is a fundamental requirement for effective wiring systems implementation. As a consequence, it reduces the amount of space that is required.
Sheet Metal Cable Tray Standard Finishes
KDM manufactures a comprehensive range of sheet metal-made cable trays with standard finishes, including the following:
We do surface treatments according to your preference. Please send us your customization details, and trust our services.
Types of Sheet Metal Cable Tray
There are numerous types of sheet metal-made cable trays available in KDM. Consider below:
- Perforated Cable Tray: This type has ventilated bottom and side rails. They provide more cable support than other types.
- Solid-Bottom Type: These are nonventilated cable trays, ideal for electromagnetic protection.
- Channel Cable Tray: These cable trays are suitable for small cable installations.
- Ladder Cable Tray: Ladder types are designed with two side rails attached by rungs. They provide ease of cable accessibility.
Metallic Cable Tray Materials
KDM fabricates various cable trays using different metallic materials. That includes the following:
- Aluminum: This metal is lightweight material typically used for manufacturing cable trays. It features high strength and corrosion resistance.
- Stainless Steel: It is high rust resistance material and endures high temperatures.
- Steel: This material is also suitable for forming cable trays due to its electric shielding capacity and low thermal expansion.
Choose the most suitable material that suits your specific cable applications.
Customize Your Sheet Metal Cable Tray with KDM
KDM performs different manufacturing processes using advanced CNC machines, TIG welding, and punching machines. Fabrication techniques include sheet metal cutting, bending, welding, surface treatment, etc. That guarantees well-processed and precise cable tray supplies.
Trust KDM customization and pre-sale services now!
KDM - Your Sheet Metal Cable Tray Supplier in China
KDM expertly manufactures all types of sheet metal cable trays to fit specific wiring usages. Below are some cables or lines that metallic trays can handle.
- Control Cables
- Fiber Optical Cables
- Power Distribution Wirings
- High-Voltage Power Wirings
- Telecommunication Cables
Let us know your specific usage, and we will provide you with the ideal cable trays.
The various industry utilizes metallic cable trays for their projects or business. KDM can customize sizes, materials, and types to suit the following applications.
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Public Facilities
- Underground Park
Communicate with our service team now!
Why Choose KDM as a Supplier
KDM maintains a quality control management system, inspecting and assuring materials and processes before delivering orders. We aim to provide the highest quality metal cable tray to our worldwide clients.
The sheet metal cable trays made by KDM are among the best in the industry. Regardless of the customer’s budget, our experienced staff will do whatever it takes to meet your needs. Our workers are professional enough to handle every process.
National and international certifications have accredited the KDM factory for its quality control and stellar customer service. ISO9001, SGS, CE, and RoHS are among the institutions that have granted us certificates.
KDM assures our worldwide customers of fast and on-time delivery. We are confident that each product will arrive at your location in satisfactory condition. KDM ships your ordered sheet metal cable tray by sea, air, and railway freight.
“We are thrilled to have received our custom-made metal cable tray. KDM provides excellent customer service and responds promptly to our inquiries. Many thanks to KDM for all your help!”
“For us, working with KDM has been an absolute pleasure. We’ve found what we were looking for in their metal cable trays supplies. The quality is exceptional compared to its economical price. We indeed purchase more from them soon.”
“KDM provided all the details we needed to decide which metallic cable tray best suits our needs. People who work there are knowledgeable and experienced in their field. KDM comes highly recommended.”
Sheet Metal Cable Tray: The Ultimate Guide
Choosing a high quality sheet metal cable tray requires in-depth understanding of features, design, material, components and accessories. This guide takes you through the vital aspects of sheet metal cable tray. Let’s dive right in.
A metal sheet cable tray refers to a mechanical support system that aids in providing support and holding wires or electrical cables.
They facilitate easier expansion, reconfiguration, upgrading as well as the relocation of networks.
sheet metal cable tray
Metal cable trays are indeed quite useful in several ways not excluding;
- Sheet metal cable trays offer support to insulated power/communication/control cables.
- They’re used in commercial and industrial applications for communication and control in the management of cables.
- A sheet metal cable tray also comes in handy in situations that require frequent changes in installations.
Their open design facilitates the expansion, reconfiguration, upgrading, and relocation of networks.
- A sheet metal cable tray allows for an appropriate routing path for underground cables as well as overhead cables.
- Additionally, sheet metal cable trays are designed to be open thus facilitating heat dissipation as well as efficient inspection.
Sheet metal cable trays come in three main categories;
Solid Bottom Cable Tray
This sheet metal cable tray protects very sensitive circuits.
Also, it offers shielding in cases where holes and breaks lack in the completed installation.
solid bottom cable tray
The main reason why solid bottom cable trays are mostly preferred is that they offer protection from electromagnetic interference.
They are mostly preferred when installing fiber optic cables since drooping cables might affect the performance of the system.
Ladder Cable Trays
Ladder cable trays are the most common in the installation of a cable wiring system.
Not only can we attribute this to free airflow across the cables but also these types of cable trays prevent moisture from accumulating.
ladder cable tray
Additionally, the ladder cable tray has rung spacing that can support all sizes of cables.
Not to mention the convenience of entering and exiting cables via the top or the bottom of the cable tray.
Ventilated Trough Cable Tray
Ventilated trough cable tray has better aesthetics as compared to the ladder cable tray.
ventilated trough cable tray
Also, ventilated trough cable tray hides the visibility of cables and offers extra support to the cable as compared to a ladder cable tray.
Apart from these, other types of sheet metal cable trays are not limited to;
Single Rail Cable Tray
It’s a suitable option for cable support projects with lighter duty and which don’t need a traditional dual-side rail cable tray.
single rail cable tray
Channel Cable Tray
Contains pre-punched holes that ensure the cables are well secured.
With the pre-punched holes, you don’t need to drill holes and this, in turn, fastens the installation process and reduces labor.
channel cable tray
It’s a suitable option for very small cable installations.
Wire Mesh Cable Tray /Basket Cable Tray
Wire mesh cable trays feature accessories connecting to form a pathway, straight sections as well as fittings.
wire mesh cable tray
As the name implies, this cable is lined with stainless steel wire mesh which supports and routes cables with a small diameter.
Oftentimes, wire mesh cable trays are used for telecommunication, low voltage, and fiber optic cables which are supported on short spans.
Some of the main features of sheet metal cable trays include;
- The presence of holes helps in the easier installation of cables and provides proper ventilation.
- The rib located at the base of perforated sheet metal help in promoting load resistance.
- Most if not all sheet metal cable trays have surface finish options that enhance the quality of the product.
- Sheet metal cable trays allow the addition of cables to an existing system.
The main difference between a wireway and a sheet metal cable tray is that a cable tray is not a raceway while a wireway is.
Sheet metal cable trays are used to support cables and wires while wireways are enclosed passages for electrical wires and cables in a building.
When selecting the type of materials, you’d want to factor in the following properties;
- Thermal contraction and expansion
- Installation consideration and electrical grounding capacity.
That said, here are some of the major types of materials used for sheet metal cable trays;
I. Steel – Continuous roll-formed structural steel is what’s used in the fabrication of steel cable trays.
II. Galvanized Steel – Zinc is used in the fabrication of galvanized steel cable trays.
III. Stainless Steel – Similar to steel, stainless steel is fabricated from continuous roll-formed steel (specifically AISI Type 304 or AISI Type 316/316L stainless steel).
IV. Aluminum – Structural grade “copper-free” aluminum extrusions are used to fabricate aluminum cable trays.
Sheet metal cable trays are made from different metals including Aluminum, steel, or stainless steel.
Some of the benefits of sheet metal cable trays are not limited to;
- Offering a safe and open solution for cables and wire routing.
- Sheet metal cable trays made from galvanized or stainless steel are not only aesthetically pleasing but also provide a perfect solution to cable management.
- Sheet metal cable trays with galvanized coating often have great resistance to abrasion, and corrosion and are easy to install.
- Aluminum sheet metal cable trays have a great strength-to-weight ratio.
- Stainless steel sheet metal cable trays can withstand high temperatures.
- Sheet metal cable trays are highly durable.
Materials such as steel and aluminum are known for their strength and durability and therefore they produce durable products.
- Sheet metal cable trays are also available in several heights, lengths, and widths.
You have options when it comes to selecting the one that best suits your preferences.
- You can either get them in light-duty or heavy-duty. Additionally, every system is incorporated with time-saving fixings and fittings.
These fixtures and fittings are ideal for industrial, retail, and offshore environments installations.
Perforated sheet metal cable trays have holes at the bottom to create adequate ventilation and position for the cable lines.
The holes also facilitate proper drainage of water.
In addition to that, they also allow for fast heat dispersion and easier entry and exit of cables from any point.
This in turn makes the installation processes easier, flexible, and faster.
Also, a perforated sheet metal cable tray is easier to maintain and clean.
Using a perforated sheet metal cable tray provides stronger support for wire cables as compared to the common welded wire mesh cable trays.
Be sure to carefully understand the features of different types of perforated sheet metal trays prior to purchasing.
This will assist you in determining which one is best for your specific needs.
For example, galvanized steel perforated cable trays can either be ideal for indoor or outdoor use.
The electro-galvanized cable tray is suitable for indoor uses while the hot-dipped galvanized steel is ideal for outdoor cable protection.
To determine the size of a sheet metal cable tray, there are certain factors that you need to consider;
- The type of metal of the tray
- The cable mixture
- Whether the trays have a solid bottom or are perforated
- The number of single conductors
The size of sheet metal cable trays is often given in mm squared or inches squared.
To determine the size of a cable tray, you need to multiply the width and the loading depth.
The size of the cable tray is accurate when it’s 50% full of wire or cable.
Below are some calculations to help you determine the size of a sheet metal cable tray;
Area of cable trays= Width of cable tray x Height of cable tray
Width of cable tray = No. of cable layers x No of cable tray run x Cable width
Depth of cable tray = No. of layers of cable x Maximum cable diameter
Sheet metal cable tray standards are categorized into performance standards, manufacturing standards, and test standards.
Some of the sheet metal tray standards are not limited to;
- NECA NEIS 105 – For metal cable tray system installation.
- IEC -61537 – This standard defines the requirements and tests for cable tray systems.
- VE 1 – It specifies the requirements regarding testing, performance, and construction of metal cable tray systems.
- VE 2 – It provides guidelines for shipping, storing, installing, and handling metal cable tray systems.
- CSA C22.2 NO 126.1- This standard defines the requirements for metal cable trays together with fittings used according to the Canadian Electrical Code (CE Code), National electrical code, and Part I.
- IS 4759 – Specifies requirements for hot-dip zinc coatings on structural steel.
- IS 2629 – For hot-dip Galvanized Iron and Steel
- 6063-T6 (rungs, splice plates, and side rails).
- 5052-H32 (covers, accessories, and solid bottoms).
You can either choose to mount your sheet metal cable trays onto a wall or suspend it from a ceiling.
Either way, your wires and cables will be routed in a building in a manner that makes them easily maintainable.
Here are some steps to laying cables on a wall-mounted cable tray;
- Use a pre-fabricated flange or GI channel to fix the cable tray support. The measurements, size, and intervals of the support should match the standards, the number of cables, size, and specifications of the cable.
- Install the cable tray as illustrated in the diagram below;
- Lay the cable as you maintain the distance from the calculation.
- Use a cable tie to tie the cable and afterward label them as required.
Some of the support types for wall mounts are not limited to;
- Wall and cantilever support brackets
- Underfloor and toproof support
- Vertical support
You might want to consider the following types of support when suspending a sheet metal cable tray from the ceiling;
- Hanger rod clamps support
- Center hung support
- Overhead hangers
- Trapeze support
Sheet metal cable trays are different from raceways in that raceways completely enfold the cable inside it.
They enclose both metallic and non-metallic materials that support cables and wires.
On the other hand, a sheet metal cable tray supports cables used for communication, power distribution, and control.
Sheet metal cable trays are mostly a suitable alternative to open wiring and are commonly used for the management of cables in industrial and commercial construction.
Remember, whether you want to use raceways or cable trays, it’s important to always factor in the cables to be routed within them.
One of the major factors that affect the durability of cable trays is the corrosion of metal.
As such, you need to have a wise selection for your surface treatments.
There are several types of surface finish options for sheet metal cable trays including;
- Powder-coated Galvanized (PC) – For use in indoor normal surroundings and can also be applicable on outdoor installations with urban surroundings.
- Pre-galvanized (PG) – For indoor installations and normal surroundings since it has less resistance to corrosion.
- Hot-dip galvanized (HDG) – Can be used in outdoor installations in urban environments as well as in chemical industries.
- Electro Zinc Plating (EZ) – For installations that are conducted indoors.
It can also be applicable in outdoor installations with urban surroundings.
- Geomet (GT) – For outdoor installations in urban surroundings. Can possibly be used in chemical industries.
- Powder-coated after Electro Zinc plating (PCEZ) – Suitable for both indoor normal environment and outdoor urban environment.
- Electro Zinc Plating plus (EZ+) – For indoor surroundings as well as outdoor environments.
- Dacromet (DC) – For use in outdoor installations, and urban surroundings.
Dacromet can possibly be used in Chemical industries.
- Stainless steel grade 304L Pickled & Passivated (SS304L-P) – For use in food production surroundings.
It might also be applicable in surroundings containing alkaline, acid, and halogen.
- Stainless steel grade 316L Pickled & Passivated (SS316L-P) – Has a high resistance to corrosion and thus can be used in every harsh environment. It’s well suited for marine environments.
- Stainless steel grade 316L Untreated (SS316L-U) – For a food production environment.
A sheet metal cable tray is made of various components. Here are some of them;
- End plate
- Riser bender
- Cable tray cover
- Fish plate
- Clips and clamps
- Pipe tubes
- Stamping parts
Sheet metal cable tray thickness is determined by the total weight of the cables to be installed inside the tray and the weight of the tray.
1, 1.25, 1.5, and 2 are the standard values of cable tray thickness.
1(mm) is the light-duty cable tray while 1.25(mm) is the medium-duty one.
The heavy-duty cable tray is 1.5(mm) and 2(mm) is the very heavy-duty cable tray.
The recommended thickness for sheet metal cable trays should range from 0.5mm to 6mm.
Sheet metal cable tray accessories help to form the structural system that supports cables and raceways.
Some of these sheet metal cable tray accessories include;
- Bend Coupler
- Blind End
- Plate Coupler
- Earth continuity connector
- Wrap over Coupler
- Fish Plate
- U Coupler
- Adjustable Horizontal Coupler
- Adjustable vertical Coupler
- Cable tray support bracket
- Universal loops
- Pedestal Angel support kit
- Pedestal bridge support kit
- Tray extensions
For all your sheet metal cable tray fabrication processes, contact us now.