Your Safety Storage Cabinet Supplier in China - KDM
Safety storage cabinet is a cabinet mainly used for storing any hazardous and most dangerous materials. These are designed to protect you and your business from thefts, fire incidents, and more. We also made it to comply with OSHA and NFPA regulations for safety purposes. Come in different capacity options, shapes, sizes, and surface treatments to meet your specific storage needs.
KDM offer customized safety storage cabinet for our OEM customers nationwide. We specifically customize its features such as door handle, rugged welded design, and shelves. You can tell us your specific design, and allow us to handle them for you. We are well-experienced in safety cabinet making and supplying, rest assured you’re in good hands!
All variety of pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides, turf chemicals, and flammables can be stored in pesticide storage cabinets. It also meets OSHA and NFPA regulations.
The paint storage cabinets are used to recognize and isolate combustibles. It is commonly used for storing aerosols, paint cans, inks, and other combustibles.
Designed with fire-resistant features, emergency-response cabinets are usually used in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. It is powder-coated for high clarity.
Flammable cabinets provide reliable and safe flammable liquid storage. It meets NFPA 30, FM, and OSHA requirements. These are offered in different styles.
Corrosive cabinets are installed in laboratories. These are powder-coat for safety against bases, acids, and solvents. It protects personnel and labs from corrosives.
In drum storage cabinets, you can stock 30- to 55- gallon drums of hazardous liquids. These cabinets are available in many sizes, colors, and designs.
Why Choose KDM Safety Storage Cabinet
Each cabinet is provided with a specially designed lock and keys. This is to keep your materials inside safe from theft and damage.
We powder-coat our safety storage cabinet to remain safe against rusts. Powder coating comes in different finishing colors and thicknesses.
KDM safety storage cabinet is highly ecological. It can be completely recycled without losing its value or excellent qualities.
Most safety storage cabinets are made of high-quality metal to produce high robustness and sturdiness. It can resist extreme fire.
Advantages of Safety Storage Cabinet
KDM safety storage cabinet offers many different advantages for your business.
- Made in compliance with OSHA and NFPA standards
- High capacity depending on your application
- High durability and safety; can resist an extreme fire
- Secured locking system for anti-theft purposes
- Adaptable to a variety of working environments
- Easy to install in appropriate areas
Our Safety Storage Cabinet Options
- Door design. Provided with economical manual-closing doors, sliding, and self-closing doors.
- Recessed kickplate. Available in standard sizes or customized.
- The cabinet is powder coated in customized colors.
- This will be based on your specification.
- Shelf quantity. 151-kg for each shelf
- Interior design. 100% seamless liner, complete protection, and customizable.
Materials You Can Store in Safety Storage Cabinet
We supply safety storage cabinets that meet the International Fire Code. These cabinets are provided with an excellent locking system, which makes them good storage solutions for:
- Flammable solids
KDM – Your Reliable Safety Storage Cabinet Supplier
KDM has unparalleled expertise in research, design, and manufacturing of safety storage cabinets. Our company is also equipped with cutting-edge, high-tech manufacturing machinery and equipment. The cabinet is constructed from high-quality, industrial-grade stainless steel. All types are precisely manufactured under the supervision of highly skilled professionals and engineers.
You can get safety storage cabinets from us that are built in a variety of technical specifications and parameters. They can also be custom-made to your specifications. As an experienced manufacturer, we can meet all of our customers’ expectations.
KDM offers safety storage cabinets with complete outstanding qualities and features, such as:
- Dimensional precision
- Designs, shapes, and thicknesses are made precisely
- Intense tensile strength and rigidity
- Superior chemical resistance
- High resistance to impact
- Improved waterproof and dust-proof design
- Fire-resistant and corrosion-resistant
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor installations
KDM specializes in custom cabinet manufacturing. This is how we do it.
- Contributes to input and design, as well as prototyping
- Produces cabinet modification suggestions
- Mass production and pre-production
- Each unit is subjected to a quality check
- Custom labeling and packaging
- Orders will be shipped in two weeks
Why Choose KDM for Your Safety Storage Cabinet
KDM has a qualified staff team for research and innovation of safety storage cabinets. They will assist you in improving your product and creating new opportunities. Customized components and specialized solutions are available.
Our team employs a stringent quality control system. We are constantly striving to improve in order to meet your various safety storage cabinet requirements. We have a team that inspects quality from start to finish.
KDM is both a national and international accredited supplier. We are CE, RoHS, and SGS certified manufacturer. Furthermore, we were approved by ISO9001:2015, AS9100D, and other regulatory requirements.
For safety storage cabinet production, we used a variety of cutting-edge manufacturing devices. There are punching machines, CNC machines, and other machines. KDM can produce better results for you by utilizing various design techniques.
On behalf of my team, we are very delighted with KDM’s safety storage cabinets. All orders came in good condition and work well. They are simple to install with low maintenance requirements.
We are satisfied with KDM’s safety storage cabinets and services. Everything runs so smooth – from sending my inquiries up until I got my orders from KDM. I will order again for my company next time.
It’s a great experience working with KDM because they never disappoint us. We received the safety storage cabinets in excellent condition. Moreover, the cabinets are easy to install. Job well done!
Safety Storage Cabinet: The Ultimate Guide
There are hundreds of safety storage cabinets in the market.
Every storage cabinet has unique features and specification.
This guide will help you choose the best safety storage cabinet for your application.
Keep reading to learn more.
Safety storage cabinets are drawers made purposely to store hazardous materials that are harmful if exposed to the environment or can cause injury.
Safety storage cabinets are made according to specific standards depending on the material that will be stored.
A wide range of materials can be stored in safety storage cabinets.
This means that different safety storage cabinets are calibrated differently to meet the safety requirements of the material to be stored.
safety storage cabinet
There are many different safety storage cabinets available in the market.
Type of safety storage cabinet to use highly depends on the type of hazardous or flammable material you want to store.
You should note that different safety storage cabinets are colored differently according to OSHA and NFPA guidelines.
The major color codes for safety storage cabinets include:
- Blue: this is a color code used for hazardous material and corrosives.
These can be either liquids or solids and make up upmost chemicals and acids.
- Yellow: It is one of the most popular color codes used in safety storage cabinets. It represents flammable liquids and chemicals.
Gasoline is the major product that is stored in yellow safety storage cabinets.
- Silver: Usually used to store laboratory chemicals that are not as corrosive or hazardous.
- Red: Red safety storage cabinets are used to store chemicals or products such as paints, inks, and products that are easily combustible if left in the open.
- White/ Gray: these cabinets are usually used as waste disposal units or as lockers for storing safety gear and uniforms or PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Green; these color code of safety storage cabinets is usually to be found on safety storage cabinets that store pesticides or insecticides.
After putting the above into consideration, you can go ahead and purchase the best safety storage cabinet that meets your requirements.
Some of the types of safety storage cabinets available in the market include;
Flammable Storage Safety Cabinets
These are used in the storage of highly flammable liquids or solids.
Flammable storage safety cabinets are usually located outdoors away from buildings and work areas.
Also, note that special containers must be used to store highly flammable liquid such as gasoline.
Follow local guides in the storage of flammable liquids.
Paint And Ink Chemical Storage Cabinets
These are safety storage cabinets that are used to store materials such as ink, and paints that require special storage.
They can also be used to store hazardous chemicals such as sulphuryl acid.
Acid And Corrosive Storage Cabinets
This type of safety storage cabinet is used in storing corrosive materials and chemicals.
They are specially designed with features such as epoxy coating that prevents corrosion.
Drum Storage Cabinets
These safety storage cabinets are used to store large containers of flammable liquids.
They can store as large as 55-gallon capacity drums.
Most of these drum storage cabinets are specially built to dispense the liquid stored.
Pesticide And Insecticide Storage Cabinets
Just as the name suggests, these special safety storage cabinets are used to insecticides and pesticides.
Most of these chemicals are dangerous for human consumption and in hailing thus should be stored out of reach.
They are also used to store dangerous poison or poisonous substances.
Pesticide storage cabinets are majorly secure and located in elevated locations out of reach of children.
safety storage cabinet
Safety storage cabinets can be used for different functions. Some of these functions include;
Safety storage cabinets are used to store different materials, which can be either hazardous liquids or solids.
Most of these products are either highly flammable, corrosive or environmentally hazardous.
Some of the materials stored in safety storage cabinets include gasoline, chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides, paints, and inks.
Most hazardous storage regulations demand that hazardous material should be stored in safety storage cabinets.
OSHA and NFPA are some of the well-known regulations that guide the handling and storage of hazardous and flammable liquids and solids.
Safety storage cabinets can also be used to store emergency kits such as first aid kits and fire appellants.
Most of these types of safety storage cabinets are orange in color and usually have easy accessibility.
Safety storage cabinets are also used for outdoor storage.
These are mainly found in public amenities such as gyms, workstations, or swimming pools. They are used to secure personal items and also personal protective equipment.
Parts And Accessories
Safety storage cabinets are also used to store parts and accessories such as SDS storage boxes.
It is important to get the right safety storage cabinet that is ideal for specific use.
Safety storage cabinets are used to segregate dangerous liquids away from work areas and also from people.
Most of these safety cabinets are located in areas wherein case of fire, the damage is minimal.
Safety storage cabinets allow for efficiency because they are usually located near the point of use.
They make locating material easy.
Safety storage cabinets work as warning signs.
Different safety storage cabinets have different color codes that signify the type of hazardous or flammable material they store.
There are some considerations that you should put in mind before buying a safety storage cabinet.
Some of these considerations include but are not limited to:
- Type of products or materials to be stored in the safety storage cabinet.
- Location where you want to install or place the safety storage cabinet.
- Security or accessibility of the material you want to store in the safety storage cabinet.
- Safety standards you want to achieve.
- Safety and regulation standards that guide the storage of hazardous material or products.
The safety storage cabinet quality standards are usually established by OSHA and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
Some of the NFPA quality standards for safety storage cabinets include:
- NFPA 54
- NFPA 58
- NFPA 101
- NFPA 30
- NFPA 13
- NFPA 25
- NFPA 72.
You should note that the various NFPA quality standards regulate the handling and storage of flammable liquids inside safety storage cabinets.
The codes also spellfire life safety for the public.
All the safety storage cabinets destined for the American market must meet the NFPA fire code for them to be accepted in that market.
It is important to note that different countries have different standards when it comes to safety storage cabinet standardization.
Some of the other popular govern safety storage cabinets include but are not limited to:
- BS EN 14470-1 which is a European standard.
- RoHS which is an international standard
- BS 46 originates from DSEAR 2002 (Dangerous Substances and Explosives Atmosphere Regulations). This is a European standard.
- BS EN 1363-1 (5.1.1) standards that guide flame exposure and standard temperature curve for safety storage cabinets.
- EN 14470-2 are quality standards for gas cylinder safety storage cabinets.
- FM 6050
- UL/ULC 1275
- EN 16121/16122
- CE certification is a Chinese quality standard.
Custom safety storage cabinets can be made from several materials. The material used will depend on the type of product that you want to store.
Other factors to consider when choosing the material to use for your custom safety storage cabinet include durability, size, and location of the custom safety storage cabinet.
customized safety storage cabinet
Some of the materials you can use include:
- Stainless Steel
- Mild Steel
- Melamine resin
- Mineral fiber
- Epoxy enamel as coating
Fabrication of safety storage cabinets can be achieved in the following easy steps.
Step 1: Designing Safety Storage Cabinet
The first step in the fabrication of a safety storage cabinet is first designing it. The design should meet OSHA and NFPA standards.
After ensuring that the design of the safety storage meets the required standards, choose a material that corresponds to your requirements.
Ensure that the material also meets the required standards.
The design of the safety storage cabinet should also factor in the size of containers that will be stored in it.
The materials used for the fabrication should be both durable and serve the purpose of the safety storage cabinet.
Step 2: Cutting Sheet Metal For Safety Storage Cabinet
After the design stage, the next step will be to cut the various design pieces. These pieces will then be joined together to make the final product.
It is recommended to ensure personal safety when cutting sheet metal. Wear personal protective equipment.
Cut sheet metal to the exact specification while observing the width and length top the exact millimeter.
Any deviance will result in a substandard safety storage cabinet.
Also, follow metal handling instructions when cutting sheet metals. Different types of metal require different handling and cutting techniques.
Step 3: Joining Or Welding Sheet Metal To Make Safety Storage Cabinet
After cutting the different pieces of sheet metals according to design, it is now time to join them.
Some of the ways you can use to join sheet metal include pulling rivets, self-clinching pressing rivets, folding, screw joints, and welding joints.
The type of joining to use will depend on the type of safety storage cabinet you are about to make.
Also, the type of sheet metal used will determine the type of joint mechanism to apply.
Ensure that the safety storage cabinet is studied, and does not have sharp edges, or loose joints.
If you would like your safety storage cabinet to sit on the ground rather than on caster wheels, you can create a toe kick frame for it.
You can also learn more about sheet metal fabrication.
Step 4: Applying Surface Finish On Safety Storage Cabinet
The last process in the fabrication of a safety storage cabinet is surface finishing.
Also, the most common surface finishing option used for a safety storage cabinet is painting.
Painting is advantageous when it comes to aesthetics and performance. It is also ideal for safety storage cabinets because it is standard to paint them.
Paint is also ideal for increased protection against ultraviolet exposure, chemicals, and abrasion.
Some of the safety requirements for storage of safety storage cabinets include:
- For outdoor safety storage cabinets, install them away from traffic or the work area.
- Ensure that the warning signs on the safety storage cabinet are clear and visible.
- Ensure you label all the contents in the safety storage cabinet.
- Always ensure you use personal protective equipment when handling corrosive materials inside the safety storage cabinet.
- Make sure that the safety storage cabinet is sturdy and that the area around it is clean and free from debris.
- Ensure that you clean the safety storage cabinet of any spillage to avoid accidents such as fires.
- Install the safety storage cabinet in an area that is well ventilated.
There are different types of safety storage cabinets and all of them may look slightly different from one another.
Some of the common parts that usually cut across all the safety storage cabinets include:
- Reinforced double-wall construction that is usually 1.5 inches. It has air space on the top, bottom, and back of both sides to allow air circulation.
- Both internal and external welded construction.
- A 2-inch vent with fire baffle and cap.
- Adjustable galvanized steel shelves that can hold as much as 400 lbs.
- Warning labels are usually metallic and engraved for durability.
- A three-point key lock with a button latch.
- Centers for shelf brackets.
- Raised leakproof sill.
- Adjustable galvanized leveling legs.
- Ground connection
- Continuous hinge.
According to OSHA guidelines, you must carry out continuous and scheduled inspections of the safety storage cabinet.
This is necessary to ensure that the material stored in them is safe and does not result in accidents due to issues resulting from a malfunctioning safety storage cabinet.
Some of the recommended safety storage cabinet quality inspections include:
- You should regularly inspect and check the fusible links and the fire protection valves.
- Check that all the ventilation of the safety storage cabinet is not blocked.
If necessary clean all the ventilation platforms and ensure there is adequate air circulation.
- Inspect the fire protection seals and ensure that regular maintenance is carried out.
- Check the condition of the safety storage cabinet including the locks and hinges.
In case of wear and tear, replace the parts immediately following the manufacturer’s maintenance manual or buy a new safety storage cabinet.
- Always ensure that the door closes fully and that it does not leave spaces in between. This is vital in ensuring that the safety storage cabinet works as it ought to.
- Check for corrosion and ensure that maintenance is carried out regularly.
- Ensure that your safety storage cabinet meets the specific standards and quality standards as guided by your local OSHA.
For all your safety storage cabinets, contact us now.