KDM – Trusted Billet Aluminum Plate Manufacturer
KDM manufactures aluminum billets that are widely used for forging or extrusion of aluminum. It is produced using different processes such as melting, slag removal, and more. We guarantee high-quality billet aluminum plates for your applications.
- Uniformity and stability of performance
- High purity
- Superior metallurgical quality
- Excellent surface quality
- Customized based on your requirement
KDM Featured Billet Aluminum Plates
How We Take Care of Your Order
Billet Aluminum Plates for Different Applications
KDM Billet Aluminum Plate Advantages
KDM Billet Aluminum Plate Process
KDM manufactures billet aluminum plates through a hot-rolling, extrusion, or continuous casting process. Aluminum billets are formed using intense pressure after the impurities are removed. The shape or size of the aluminum billet plate will depend according to your requirements.
Send us your inquiries today!
Billet Aluminum Plate: The Ultimate Guide
Billet aluminum plate come in different grades and configurations for a range of application.
If you are wondering what billet aluminum plate is, uses, production process or available grades – all information you need is right here.
Take a look.
Billet aluminum plate is a piece of material you can use to make other section of metal products.
Depending on the production process, you can use billet aluminum plate as feedstock or raw material.
Billet aluminum plate
You can use these materials for a range of applications such as:
- Billet aluminum plate are used in extrusion industry whereby they are converted into profile with specific surfaces
- It is also used to make parts for aerospace.
- Additionally, packaging and construction industries also uses billet aluminum plate
- They are used in electrical and electronic applications
Some of the main benefits of billet aluminum plate include:
- Higher strength to weight ratio
- Fireproof (they are non-combustible)
- Reflect light and heat excellently
- Guarantee better surface finish
- Resistant to corrosion
- Offer better conduction to both heat and electricity
- Durable hence can serve you for years
- Less expensive to maintain
- Non toxic
- Easy to recycle
Billet aluminum plates
Billet aluminum plates come in different sizes and configurations.
For instances, you can find most aluminum billet plates with 600mm length.
However, you can choose custom options.
That is, they come in varying thickness, width and length.
Before choosing any of these aluminum material options, you should know the following:
- Billet aluminum is stronger than the cast aluminum
- Billet aluminum is an intermediate form of aluminum. On the other hand cast aluminum is not an intermediate form of aluminum.
- In most cases, billet aluminum is usually forged or rolled. Then, subsequently tempered making it stronger than cast aluminum.
Some of the main grades include:
Parts made from aluminum billet plate
- 1000 series, has aluminum content of 99% with very cold machining and molding performance. It is a stable alloy that does not cost high usually used in spinning and also deep drawing.
They are used to make cookware and lamp accessories.
- The 3000 series, has high elongation rate making it suitable for deep drawing. Again, it is stable and smooth suitable for oxidation treatment.
Moreover, you use them to make high end cookware for rice-cooker and non-stick pan.
Also, they are also used to make indicative signs and building materials.
- 5000 series, are made from aluminum and magnesium alloy with lower density making the product to be very light.
These alloys have high tensile strength, excellent anti corrosive performance and good elongation rate.
- 1100 Aluminum – it is a versatile metal that can be shaped into different shapes. It is used in industries such as plumbing.
- 6061 aluminum, has a much and better corrosion resistance than the 300 series. Also, it has a high heat welding properties as well as strength.
They are used for oxidation processing with new outlook.
Additionally, they are used to make rice cooker and nonstick pan usually manufactured through deep drawing, anodic oxidation and spraying.
Again, they are also suitable for manufacturing pressure vessels and vehicle accessories.
Different grades of billet aluminum plate
Aluminum production process involves the extrusion.
This is a deformation process that involves billet being forced to flow through a die opening of a smaller cross-sectional area than the billet.
Depending on the technique you choose, it can be direct or indirect.
However, direct extrusion technique is popular.
You will force aluminum material through a die using a ram.
In indirect method, the flow direction of the metal is similar with the pressure of the ram.
As the process continues, billet moves closely to the container wall bringing about friction which later increases the ram pressure.
Aluminum alloy can also be easily welded together at extrusion pressure and temperature in a method also known as the billet on billet method.
Of course, after the extrusion process, you must ascertain quality of billet aluminum plate.
At KDMFAB, we help you get high quality and reliable billet aluminum plate depending on your needs.
You may also be interested in:
Contact us now for all your billet aluminum plate.